Thursday, November 24, 2005

Onward we go to the land of cold and snow


Well, here we are in Budapest having deliberated (for approximately 2.3 seconds) whether to fly from Istanbul (1.5hrs.) or take a train (36 hrs.). We did, however, leave our ˝mark˝ on Istanbul before leaving Turkey. In exploring the more interesting parts of Istabul nightlife with old friends Serkan and Hakan and some newfound partners in crime, we discovered great nightclubs, how defensive Turkish men are of their women, and how absolutely gorgeous Turkish transvestites are. Now we are with new friends, Eszter and Viktor (freeloaders hosts) in Budapest and are in the preliminary period of celebrating my birthday which is tomorrow. If anyone wishes to celebrate with me in spirit, in the form of buying me a drink or two, I can give you my mothers phone number who will deposit the money you give her into my account. For all of you who are not on PEI, have a drink for me please.
Budapest is a really cool small-ish city which would be any architecture buff´s dream. There is snow on the ground which makes me homesick, especially knowing that Christmas is around the corner and that Charlottetown´s streets are decorated accordingly, something I can vividly picture in my mind. Today we went to one of Budapest´s many thermal baths to warm up. Soon we will head to Eger, a few hundred KM northeast of here, which is the wine-growing region of Hungary. Then we are off to Krakow, Poland via Slovakia. Brrr....I am thinking I might have to buy a top to go with those thermal underwear!!!

Not-so-Warm Regards from Budapest,

Nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home