Saturday, October 01, 2005

Riga, Latvia




Wow, I'm really lucky to have access to a free computer at this hostel. I can stay on as much as I want! We explored Riga, the capital of Latvia (Lettonnie for my french friends) and the houses are simply magnificient! Rustic charm of an old city I tell you. The oldest three stone houses left are from 1629. I believe one of the brick Church was build in 1249. We also visited the central market which was like a giant flea market. It still reflects the pre-Latvia independance period. Lots of fruit and veggies, 1980-style clothes and shoes, jewels, etc... Food is awesome but not for vegetarian. They love their meat!! (and I do too;) So the pictures I posted are a view of old Riga from the St-Peters Church, St-Peters Church itself and a beautiful view of one of the pitturesque street in Riga with its cobbled-stone pavement and beatiful old buildings. Appears that Nick is taking a break on the stairs!

1 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger starbender said...

Beautiful Photography!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home